Friday 10 May 2013

And finally......

 The final week of the challenge set by Claire, and I managed to make 26 squares.  I shall continue to work on this project as I have found it so relaxing, I am going to make 10 blocks of each colour until have the size or run out of wool, which ever occurs first.
 I laid out all the blocks on my floor this morning once everyone had gone out for the day, to see what size my 126 squares made.  The colour layout might change when I come to put it together.
My hubby is away for a couple of days, so I am going to stop putting the finishing touches to my fairy and get back to my peacock. Our  F.E.T. meeting is in two weeks, so  I want to get his wings and tail on this weekend, so, I wont be doing much in the kitchen, the children will have to fend for themselves, well they are big enough

6 comments:

Miriam Weaver said...

I love the colours in your blanket, and the way you have them arranged is really pleasing. It's nice to occasionally have a few days to yourself, happy stitching this weekend Sharne.

Lin said...

Hello Sharne - just been catching up with your blog. The squares are super and I love the colours, very vibrant. I am looking forward to seeing the next stage of your peacock too - the feathers are looking great.
Your pond looks lovely and the view from your deck is amazing!
Hope you have a creative weekend. xx

Claire Mackaness said...

I love the design Sharne, that looks amazing

Christine Phillips said...

I agree with everyone else Sharne, I love the colours and the very original way you have arranged them.

Diane Kelsey said...

Tried to leave a comment from my phone without any luck. Very impressed with the number of squares and really love the black border. As for the fairy, she is fantastic, but certainly not petite and delicate.

Sharne Gregory said...

A real sugar lump fairy, I think!