Monday 1 October 2012

Look what came in my post today............

My little book from Gina.  It took me ages to decide what theme I wanted for my book, and I think my book must be the last to be made because of my dithering.  In the end I decided on New Zealand or Australia, leaving the final choice up to Gina.
I just love it!
 Paua shells decorate the top of the matchbox which is also covered in ferns, the national symbol of NZ.
Inside the box, my wonderful book. Machine embroidery and beaded spine, so much patience to make such a small book, I know I couldn't do it.

5 comments:

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

It's really lovely,what is the actual size.
Xx

Diane Kelsey said...

Another wonderful book from Gina. I have a Hobbit's Hole book. I love them, so tiny and special.

Lin said...

Hello Sharne - just hit on your blog by chance. What a beautiful box and book, is it really matchbox size! By co-incidence your previous blog was the EAST exhibition in Braintree - I just heard about this a couple of days ago from a friend who works at the museum and as I am in UK this weekend I thought, brilliant, free day on Monday I can go and look but of course the museum is closed on Mondays!
Am just off to read the rest of your blog.

Jill said...

Another one of Gina's gems to treasure. It's lovely.

l.wilks11 said...

I have just found your blog and see you live local to me . I am now following you. Hope you can find some time to take a peep at my blog some time .....xx