Friday 30 September 2011

September and October.

 This month seems to have flown by!  Here is the photo of my finished pages, I dont think I would use black again for my journalling, as it was hard finding a medium to colour in any drawings Iwould otherwisw have drawn.  The white writing on the black certainly made it look like the blackboards of my schooldays!.
 For October, I used Halloween as my theme.  Fisrt gesso ans when dry, black acrylic paint.  Then I decided to draw spiders webs all over- a very daunting thing for me to do, no planning, just went for it.
 As I couldn't find any embellishments, I decided to make my own from paper-clay.
 Had graet fun painting them once they were dry.  All the paints and tools I used are in the above picture.
 Voila!the finished embellishments.
And here is my completed pages.  Colours not a true reflection in the photo, as I took it this morning in very bright daylight.  Colurs are pumpkin orange, Frankenstein green and purple.
A few details.
Click here to go to Kate's blog to see other blogger's taking part in this challenge.

19 comments:

Catherine said...

Love all those spider webs, what did you use to draw them with on top of the acrylic paint?

Lynette (NZ) said...

Your webs are lovely and your colour scheme for October is very groovy. Liked how your 'blackboards' turned out :-)

Unknown said...

Great idea and i love the paper clay figures they are great. lovely colours x

Jill said...

Very professional! Great pages

Wildflowerhouse said...

Love it all but your spider webs are fantastic!!!!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Cool pages, those spiderwebs and the letters look fantastic!

Carol Q said...

fab pages - great fun!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

What a fun idea! I love the hand drawn spiderweb.

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh this is incredible. Your hand made embellishments are so fab! A really wonderful page!

sandra de said...

Such wonderfully creative pages. Love them.

flutterbycrafter said...

Your hand drawn spiders webs are fantastic, wonderful pages

Sandra Hall said...

I too think you did a great job of the spiderwebs! And making your own themed embellishments - wow!

Kaz said...

Fab pages. I really like the white writing on black in Sept.
And I love your embellishments for Oct. You could sell those!

ally said...

wow love your paper clay embellies

Valerie-Jael said...

Great October and halloween pages! Valerie

patcrafts said...

Gorgeous Halloween colours, inspirational pages.

Eileen said...

I really like the black background even if you wouldn't do it again. Your Oct calendar is Great! Such fun making all those embellies.

McMGrad89 said...

Great 3 dimensional elements. Have fun filling in this month.

Carolyn Dube said...

So many fun elements! The bright colors, the spiderweb background, the dimensional elements - all working together for a fun calendar!