Sunday 19 December 2010

A.W.O.L.

Sorry, I hadn't realised that I hadn't blogged since Wednesday,  I don't know where the last couple of days disappeared too.
 I suppose it is all the getting ready for Christmas.  I have nearly finished my Christmas shopping just need a few more bits, and I hope to cook some mince pies in the next few days.  Friday night, I made a cake for a friend who celebrates her birthday on Christmas Day.  In the summer, she said that she had never had a birthday cake, so  this year I  have made sure that this year, she did.  We had a horrendous journey back from her house as the snow came down and settled so quickly.  The trees looked beautiful driving down the A12, we could have been in Canada.  I would have loved to take some photo's of them, but didn't dare ask Hubby to stop.  We took so long to get home, that it was too late to do the sewing I had planned to do.
Today has been spent turning our study into a bedroom for our 'lodger'.  As usual, the job took far longer than I had planned, Hubby and I are such hoarders!
Then it was off to the local Church for Christmas Carols in the garden.  My job for the last couple of years has been to make the mulled wine to heat everybody up. Hot home made mince pies and hot chocolate was also being served.  It is such a lovely start to the Christmas holidays.   



5 comments:

Julie said...

I've lost touch a bit too lately Sharne. Glad you got home safely. I hope you have a very Happy Christmas. Keep warm!

Jensters said...

Sounds like a great start to the holidays....especially the mulled wind! love the photos

Diane Kelsey said...

I must admit I was getting alittle worried as it isn't like you not to blog. Sonds like Christmas has already started for you. Enjoy the break and hope you get some 'me time' in your sewing room.

Miriam Weaver said...

Sounds as though you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Have a great Christmas.

JP said...

busy as always! - take care