Monday 27 September 2010

RRC vessels and recipe;0)

 Margaret was unable to join us due to her meeting going on for soooooo long.  Here are the photo's of the finished RRC vessels as promised.  We all started by creating a fat quater of fabric on a given theme.
This fabric for this vessel on the was created by Debbie and is based on Africa. My input on this vessel was to quilt it.

                                                     
 

The fabric for the vessel above was created by Nickie and is based on Europe.  I had to cut up Nickies fabric and stitch it back together in a different shape-nerve racking!!!!

  Fabric for this vessel was created by Diane using Australia for her inspiration.  I made this into a vessel when I was visiting my Great Aunt.  
  
 Margaret used India as her source of inspiration.  I loved embellishing Margarets vessel.

                                                                   My Continent was the America's, and it is about the differences between the  North and South.  I have enjoyed organising this RRC, and working on all the different vessels.  The hardest task for me was to cut up someone else's fabric and rejoin it.  If it's your fabric and it goes wrong you make another piece, but when it's somebody elses, well............Deb embellished my vessel and made green Tyvek beads to represent the dollors (greenbacks) and gold sheers machine stitched for the coins. I am really pleased with it.
 I made some cakes for us to eat with our coffee and the Pecan Tassies (from the Pampered Chef booklet) pictured above went down very well.  In fact I have been asked to make them again next time I have a get-together.  It is a really easy recipe and I have written it out for those of you who feel like doing some cooking.
 Pastry shells
115g marg.
100g soft cheese,( I used mascarpone as I had it in the fridge.)
140g plain flour.
Filling
25g marg
175g light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
115g chopped pecans




Preheat oven to Gas 4.  Mix butter and cheese together until smooth.  Add flour and mix to form a soft dough.  Roll out on a floured board and cut out circles to line bun tin.
For the filling, melt marg in microwave and then add sugar, vanilla essence and egg.Stir in nuts.  Put a spoonful of mixture in each pastry shell.  Bake 20-25 minutes until a  light golden brown.
As I used a large bun tin I only made 12 tarts but if you use a smaller one you should get 24. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!  

3 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Lovely evening and thanks for the recipe.

Mermaid's Purse said...

What a lovely idea - beautiful vessels!!

Linda said...

Thank you Sharne for sharing these with the various descriptions. I love them all, and each one of you must feel proud to have achieved such a high standard of creativity with this project. It looks such a fun way to bring friends together, well done.