Sunday 20 June 2010

Father's Day

Here it is, the photo as promised yesterday. I have really enjoyed making it.

I have had a lovely day in the garden in spite of the cold wind, cutting back over-grown shrubs, a bit of dead heading and planting out the bedding plants. We hope to start work on a new water feature in a few weeks time, we have got to do it while I am still on full pay.
The first stitching job tonight is to hem Rhodri's trousers:0(. I don't usually do mending but it is a barter. I mend his trousers and he will sort out my AOL which has not been working properly all week. A fair trade I think!
As it is Father's Day today , I spoilt hubby by making him 2 desserts - a Fresh Fruit Brulee and a Raspberry Charlotte, he does like his food!!
Tomorrow night, it is Embroiderers' Guild meeting. We have Carol Humprey, and her talk is 'Textiles at the Fitzwilliam Museum.' Should be interesting

4 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Sharne, your finished piece is wonderful and so colourful. Congratulations!

Miriam Weaver said...

I've not been commenting recently, but I have been reading. Sorry about your situation at work must be awful. Your work is lovely as usual. I wont be able to make it tomorrow, have a lovely time.Mx

Gina said...

Your finished piece is gorgeous Sharne - fabulous colours.

Diane Kelsey said...

The finished quilt id really wonderful. I agree a fair trade!