Monday 8 March 2010

Completed

I took my CPS to read and my rust vessel to stitch at the hospital today. I am glad that I did. I read my CPS, not as good as last issue I thought, and finished my vessel. The vessel is 10" tall and made with the teabag/caustic soda dyed Tyvek (ala Lynda Monk). The motif was stencilled on the front using matte medium and rusting powder. As rust isn't perfect, I then wiped away some of the powder so the image was 'aged'. Holes for stitching were made with my soldering iron and using a thread 'dyed' with vinegar and rust powder, I have cross-stitched the vessel together.
Hubby was only supposed to be in the minor op dept an hour, but due to running late and the doctor being called away we were there three hours. At least I was able to make good use of my time!

6 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

I'm glad everthing went well today. It is always best to keep busy. Another lovely vessel! When are you going to do a workshop at Craft Arena?

Genie said...

Hi Sharne .love the vessel,

Craft Arena said...

The vessel looks great completed! Hopefully we can arrange a date for your workshop here soon.

Purple Missus said...

The vessel is wonderful Sharne. I love the 'rusted' motifs on the front - great idea.

stitching and opinions said...

I haven't renewed CPS, I think they are tending to repeat themselves. Any other mags to recommend?

Nickie said...

Seen the vessel in its full glory, the photo is good but does not do it justice. Well done Sharne, it is really good.
Glad the reports are done x