Thursday 7 January 2010

Lost the plot????

My photo's I took yesterday, blogger couldn't upload, so here they are today.
This was the scene yesterday from my back garden, the snow didn't seem to bother the horses. I just love this view whatever the season or weather.

On my walk home from Billericay, I had to walk along the edge of a wood, and the trees were absolutely stunning. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Where the water had splashed up over the hedge, we saw these icicles, I wouldn't have seen them if I had been in my car.


The reason my daughter thinks I have lost the plot is she saw my tray of coloured snow. 'What are you doing' she asks. 'Snow dyeing' I replied, the look on her face was a picture. I have used turquoise, magenta and lemon yellow Procion dyes. I have now got to wait at least 4 hours to see the results. (I saw Amanda had done some on her blog,which remnded me that I wanted to give it a try)

When I am on school holidays, I also like to try out new recipes. Gina is the domestic goddess when it comes to recipes, but I thought I would let you know how I livened up some pork chops last night. The recipe came in a booklet that I got a little while back. Grill pork chops until cooked, just before serving, spoon apple sauce on top of chops and cover with sliced Stilton. Grill until cheese melts. It was delish!! and I shall be doing it again.

1 comment:

Miriam Weaver said...

I'll be interested to see how the snow dyeing turns out, I've never heard of it before. The icicle picture is fantastic, glad everything turned out ok after yesterday.
I'm as blind as a bat without my glasses, they really are the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night! I now have 2 pairs.