Monday 21 September 2009

As promised

The photo's at last of my vessel. I used the Carn pottery as my inspiration. I have almost finished constructing a second vessel, but as I have been out tonight and out again Thursday and Friday night, I wont be getting very far with it this week.
Tonight at Embroiderers' Guild, Delia Pusey( a member of East and 4x4) came with her fantastic collection of bags and purses. She has been collecting them for about twenty years. I have never seen such a personal collection!

On Saturday Nickie and I are off to Cottenham and Fen Edge Textiles, we are hoping to leave a bit earlier so that we can get into Cambridge to go to the final day of ERTF exhibition.


5 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Beautiful vessel Sharne. I know Carn pottery so I can appreciate the size and shape of your piece. It's beautiful

stitching and opinions said...

Hope you get to the ERTF show in Cambridge, it looks good,some stunning wall art [at least 2 of which have sold] a couple of excellent vessels by Janet Edmonds and some nice bags.

Miriam Weaver said...

I love the vessel, the stitching,colours and the flowers are lovely. Hope you enjoy the exhibition, I was there today stewarding, lots of visitors and really good feed back. I hope you and Nicky enjoy it!

Mavis said...

Just a thimbleful.....

Hallo there - I saw your comment on my blog - lucky you to be near to Mersea and the wonderful FISH! What a pity you are going to the ERTF exhibition on Saturday - I am stewarding on Friday! Enjoy, it is a great exhibition.

Nickie said...

Brilliant Sharne, it looks really good - and different, look forward to having a closer inspection. See you Saturday x