Thursday 20 August 2009

Blueberry dyed fabric

After reading Carolyn's blog at the weekend, and knowing that I had blueberries in the fridge past their sell by date, I had ago at using them for dyeing. The hardest bit has been the wait- but it was worth it. The fabric and threads are a lovely soft heather colour.(sorry forgot to take a picture of the threads. Fabrics used from top to bottom :-
Srim
Gauze(from out of date first aid kit)
Calico
Butter muslin
Muslin
Knitted 100% polishing/cleaning fabric- Asda

It was so easy, not having to worry about mordants either.

2 comments:

Julie said...

These are beautiful colours Sharne.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Oh Sharne, I just left a message on your post at the top before I read down to this post! Silly me!

The blueberries worked a treat. I love the effect you achieved, very natural. How many days did you leave your fabrics in the jar?

Carolyn