Monday 3 August 2009

Back home!

We arrived home safely last night, a good journey a the M25 was clear. We had a nice relaxing time at Mums, went to Borders Book Shop, and Olney (LB Crafts), visited my Great Aunt in Norwich, a wee bit of gardening, did some stitching and reading, though not as much as I had hoped to do and lots of talking laughing and eating!!!!
Today, first thing, I made a list of jobs that I need to get done a.s.a.p., but before I did anything this morning, I had to see how my rust had cooked while I was away. There are some very interesting patterns. Our instructions were to dry the fabric first, after removing wire wool or metal objects, and then wash it in the machine. As my machine has been working flat out with washing our clothes and all the clothes my son wants to take away on his holiday on Friday I will have to do that tomorrow. (Load number 5 finished not long ago, thank goodness it has been a good drying day) I will then post pictures of my samples tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Nuvofelt said...

Lovely samples. Well worth the wait. Hope you manage to use them at some point, but you still seem really busy!