Saturday 28 February 2009

My lucky day!

Yesterday started off with a visit to Basildon hospital with hubby, where we were told he has got to go in for a 24 hour stay for an op' and have further tests within the next couple of weeks.
So after work I did some retail therapy at Craft Arena,(no affiliation) as I had been told that my Hemingworth threads I had ordered, were in. Just arrived this week though, were the Lumiere paints, so I just had to have the lovely indigo colour.

I also got a free pen and a Search Press catalogue for our Embroiderer's Guild- thank you Denise.

When I got home, I found these lovely flowers from Nickie- thank you Nickie.

And I also had in the post, this lovely calorie free doughnut from Gina-thank you Gina. Because I had gone to Craft Arena yesterday on the spur of the moment, I had to go back today to take the new Schoolhouse Arts programme in. Guess what, a delivery of wonderful bits from Oliver Twists had arrived. I know I can dye fabric and threads but after stroking them, they just kept calling me, so I had to indulge.
I should have been doing my school reports but, instead I did some more work on Kokopelli II. I was hoping to finish him today, but not quite there. I have given this one a beaded headdress and the collar is embossed, coloured with alcohol inks and stitched with beads. I think it will be quite a late night before I get to bed, I still have to work on my storm battered trees and get them finished by Wednesday, ready for the Embroiderer's Guild exhibition on Friday.

2 comments:

debsmuddle said...

MMM lumiere paints eh maybe I will have to pop in sometime

Gina said...

Love the colours of that thread and paint. Glad you liked your doughnut!